Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fathers Day Weekend: Biking Grand Teton

Micah and my parents flew up over Fathers Day Weekend and we all went and biked to Jenny Lake. The weather ended up being a little cold and rainy, bummer. It had been so beautiful before. But we didn't let it slow us down and we had a really fun time.

Getting all the bikes prepped
 The Babies lasted about 15 minutes in the trailer together, then we had to switch one to the bike seat.

 Mother and Son.... Darwin is defiantly Collette's
 Love these people, I am so glad my parents taught us to love the outdoors and being active.

My favorites.
 Emerson loves the mountains!
He loved throwing rocks in. Jenny Lake is one of my favorite places, it is absolutely gorgeous. The glacier lake is right at the base of the Tetons.

 Moose


 Taking a little break with a brink from the flask.

The babies caught a ride back in the cars and a few of us rode the bikes back. Best idea because we got caught in a crazy storm and hail. It was freezing but we made it. 
 

Jackson Hole




 These boys are pretty lucky to have such an amazing Oma! She took them outside for a little break while we waited for our dinner to show up


Fathers Day BBQ at Grandma Greats.
 
  
Emerson is pretty lucky to have such an amazing dad. He is completely involved in all aspects of Emerson life. He was there for night time feedings as a baby, bedtimes, teething, diapers, tantrums, discipline, anything and everything Mark is there and a part of it. Emerson actually prefers Mark if he ever wakes up in the middle of the night now. I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime to raise this munchkin.  A few people asked me how I felt leaving Mark "alone" to "babysit" while I was at Girls Camp. I honestly did not even think twice about it. Nothing like "leaving" him crossed my mind or "babysit" (umm its his parent?) I didn't even make meals, or a chart, or schedule. Mark cooked all the meals (cereal,take-out or fast food werent even involved :) He always puts Emerson first above his busy schedule and school.  Emerson completely adores him and loves when he gets to go do things with just Mark. When Mark ask him if he wants to go outside, go to the store etc. He gets so excited and turns and says "Bye Mom!"
 I loves seeing the kids here and enjoying my grandmas and all the same activitys that I remember doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment