Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oscar & Henry

Our life is busy right now- but not with any big adventures I can share - so in lue of writing about Mark studying for the GMAT, our jobs, cleaning a bank at night, church callings, & harp practicing I thought I would introduce you to Oscar & Henry, our turtles.
















They are pretty cool. Mark & I got them 2 years ago from some guy selling them at our door for ten bucks. A little random, but awesome. Oscar is a Yellow- Bellied Slider, & Henry is a Red-Eared Slider. I named Henry after Henry VIII- don't ask why- it just came to me, that's what happens when you spend 4 years studying History.

We didn't expect them to live very long, they were tiny and didn't eat. But much to our surprise they have lasted and keep getting bigger and bigger. We saw them at Petco and they said they have a life expectancy of 25 years. So they are sticking with us for awhile.

(This is the day we bought them)

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww, your babies are growing up! That's hilarious, but a great pet since they are so low maintenance! Oh and we cleaned a bank for a year or so, seriously worst job I've ever had...Hopefully yours is a ton better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes us seem a little freaky...but they are cool turtles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Mark don't be a hater of the Turtle Post - I got bored at work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you got the turtles!! I am glad they are still alive!

    ReplyDelete