
The house is coming along slowly but surely. We are both working, yep I am employed at an architectural firm, so its been a little harder to get things done as quickly as we would like. But the house is painted, things are getting organized, most of the boxes are unpacked, and some of the pictures are hung.
We painted the downstairs, the hallways, and the master bath a gorgeous gray, Notre Dame by Valspar. I love love love it. It is the perfect neutral that is just warm and bright and a perfect alternative to a brown or beige.
The 1/2 bath is a dark blue, Waterscape by Behr. The plan is to put white-washed bead board in here- very excited for that.
The guest room and master bed are a aqua silvery blue color. Woodland Sterling Blue by Vaslpar. Also another great neutral. I tried to stick to only a few colors and lighter neutrals, just in case we use it as a rental if we go to grad school or something- plus I love the warm lighter colors & decor, it makes me happy.
(I am going to get a matching "M" for the bookshelf)
Thanks to my friend Emily we have a queen bed for our guest room, so come visit! Also thank you to whom ever donated the couches we have to Claire & Robert - which were then passed down to us. The fabric is not really me style, but they are super comfy.First project once we have enough saved up will be getting new trim, yikes our baseboards need to go. Maybe crowing molding the the master bedroom - we have a couple other projects and redecorating in the works. I'll post as we complete them.
Yeah! You guys are so cool. That is weird though; you guys must feel like you live in a house 10x the size of your #4 Bare Street.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's such a cute place & I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete