Wednesday, November 23, 2011

T.V. Stand Revamped

When Mark & I were first married we were gifted all of our furniture. Its true, we only bought 1 bookshelf for ourselves in our first apartment, everything else was a gift or something someone let us have. It was amazing and extremely nice of all our great family & friends. One of these awesome gifts was a T.V. stand from our good friends Markie & Tristan . Once we moved into our new house I wanted to actually attempt at decorating our little house and decided to do a little D.Y.I project to revamp the T.V. stand to give it a more modern look.Yes, I am a legit homeowner and crafty person - I used the acronym D.Y.I. Just kidding, anyone who knows me knows that I'm not super crafty.

Exhibit A:

T.V. Stand Before



Step 1:

I wanted to eliminate tons of sanding so I gave it a good coat of Zinsser Oil Based Primer (Thanks for the idea Camille)

This blocked the stain and wood color from coming through when I painted it.

Step 2:

After a bunch of paint samples and thought I decided instead of a blue, I wanted it to be white- a really great white white. After 2 coats of primer I gave it two coats of :

Step 3:
The T.V. Stand had some really worn & slightly broken gold wheels before. They had a good run, but they were ready to go. I found some raw wood legs at Lowe's for 2 bucks a piece. I sanded them a bit and then gave them 1 coat of primer and 1 coat of paint. It ended up not being as easy I as I hoped adding the new legs, they didn't fit in the same holes as the old wheels and were to wide so they stuck out on the sides. But Mark helped and added a little piece of wood to the bottom and drilled new holes for them.


Exhibit B:

After Primer, Paint, & Legs it has a brand new look - LOVE IT



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Natalie, little miss crafty lady! It looks amazing!!! I love love love that you added those legs, it makes it look completely different and new. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete