Wednesday, February 15, 2012

San Francisco


Mark & I went on a little weekend trip after his birthday to San Francisco. Mark's brother and his wife, Brandon & Janelle, were there from Boise so we decided to pop over for the weekend.

Day 1:

Ferry Building Farmers Market



China Town/ Italian District



It was Chinese New Year, and it was crazy busy. We missed the parade but most of the people were still walking around in their costumes and they had the big dragon on display.

We ended up forgoing Chinese food for lunch when we found a random Indian restaurant tucked between China Town and the Italian District. I ♥ Curry

Coit Tower

The hike up the mountain they call a street was intense, but it was worth it. The view is amazing! You can see the whole city, Golden Gate Bridge, Oakland Bay Bridge, Alcatraz, you could even see the crooked street(Lombard Street) off in the distance.

Pier 39/Fisherman's Whaf
Sweet WWII Submarine we saw, outside of the vintage arcade we went to
We were pretty excited when we saw one seal pop its little head above the water for 5 seconds. Then we walked around the corner and saw the big pile of Sea Lions on the docks. Holy huge, those things were gigantic.

Day 2:

Golden Gate Bridge

Painted Ladies

Full House, anyone?

Lombard Street


This street really is crazy crooked


Oakland Temple


I am so glad Brandon suggested going here, we wouldn't of really even thought about crossing the bridge and going over to Oakland on our own. The visors center was great, the grounds are gorgeous, and the view is amazing. Highly Recommend.

We had a wonderful weekend in San Francisco and it was so fun to be able to go while Brandon & Janelle were there.

Mark's job benefits could not be any better for us :) Its has been a long standing joke in my family that I won't spend money on anything except traveling, I really really like traveling and going new places. Mark always laughs when I try to find ways to cut the budget or trim the grocery bill or have a mini-anxiety attack if I spend more then $50, but I have no problem purchasing plane tickets. But now I get the best of both worlds. I can be cheap and travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment