Monday, September 19, 2011

There is Nothing like the Great Outdoors

Over Labor Day weekend we went camping with the Wixom gang at Navajo Lake in Southern Utah for 3 days. It was beautiful and a blast. I love camping, I love dutch oven, I love hiking & fishing, but I'm not the biggest fan of smelling like smoke for 3 days, that part of camping is a little lame.

A few fun activities:

Hatch Throwing Contest -We wanted to see which one of us was a real Mountain Man/ or Pocahontas depending on gender.













Mark won - he was the only one that got it to stick in the tree. A True Mountain Man














We went on a couple of fun hikes - I love southern Utah, its absolutely gorgeous.
Micah & Collette- yes Co does think she is a gangster sometimes, ignore her

Can't remember the name but some cool water fall we hiked up

Collette, Ernie, Caleb, & I
Layne enjoying the outdoors - actually just reading? Mark & I Fishing - we went fishing for a little on the lake

It was a very enjoyable and fun weekend with the Fam. Most random thing that happened - I got stung by a bee on my tongue. Yes this can happen and yes it is very painful. Don't drink Root Beer in the wilderness, because a bee will fly in your can and then sting your tongue and make it painfully swell up to an unusual and uncomfortable size - just a suggestion from a bee sting on your tongue survivor.

1 comment:

  1. such a fun weekend! And is it nice to have you and Mark here? a resounding YES!!!

    ReplyDelete