Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summa Time

It is summer over here in Vegas, spring has gone and sprung away on us. As in, 90 degree, pushing 100 weather already. Yes I do want to grumble about how hot this summer will be, but as Mark points out, we have had 70 degree weather since October so we can't really complain much for the 3 months of 'bad' weather. Luckily we have our trusty neighborhood pool that has already proved to be handy a few times. Before it starts getting unbearable hot we have done a few fun things around here:

Mt. Charleston - Big Falls Hike
Ahh I love the mountains. They are rejuvenating. Mark & I have a secret dream that we are both park rangers, he is a biologist ranger and I am the historian ranger...... yeah we are nerds, maybe someday when we retire. I really really just wanted to be in the mountains that day and luckily we only live about 30 minutes from this trail head. So my mom and I went and hiked "Big Falls".
This is at 18 weeks, there is a wee baby bump.

The waterfall was really more of trickle from the snow melt, but it was sunny, there was a breeze, and beautiful views of green trees, making it well worth the hike up .

Red Rock - Ice Box Canyon

Marks brother, Brandon, was in Las Vegas for a work conference. Saturday afternoon when he was done we went over to Red Rock to hike.
The hike ends at a waterfall - but it was all dried up. Mark hiked to the top and there was a little pool of water but that was it.
We couldn't let Brandon go home without seeing my favorite part of Red Rock.....WILD BURROS

51's Baseball Game

Monday's are $1 snack night at Cashman Field and tickets are a great price - so we went and enjoyed the great American sport for Family Home Evening!
There is nothing like a baseball game, hot dogs, pretzels, and Cracker Jacks on a summer evening - it was perfect.
We have a fun summer docket planned that we are excited for. Baby Boy is growing and growing still, I am 19 weeks -almost 20. Life is Good.The bump is coming slowly but surely, maybe someday I'll take a picture. Some days are better then others, but overall I'm feeling pretty good. I haven't really had any restraints on normal activities but I have started to notice I get out of breathe easier while exercising or hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment