Wednesday, March 20, 2013

5 months

 5 months already... really!? Our cute boy weighs 17.7 lbs (70%)  and  26 1/2 long (81%)  and  95% for his genius brain.

 
 The big news this month.... he now sleeps unswaddled. I thought he would be swaddled forever since it was the only way he would sleep.... but about a week and half ago he kept waking up multiple times a night really really mad that he couldn't get his arms out. I think he wanted to suck and chew on his hands because his mouth was bothering him. So we had to break him cold turkey from the swaddle. It took him a few days to figure out what to do with his limbs but I can know say we are back to our schedule - fingers crossed. We also get a good laugh on where we find this kid in his crib. He just rolls around and ends up sideways - upside down- parallel- squished in a corner - limbs dangling from the crib.

 

He found his legs and figured out he can play with toys with them - or try and pick up his toys with his toes. (all my sisters and I pick up things with our toes, it drive Mark and my other brother in laws crazy, they think its gross. So i thought it was hilarious that Emerson starting doing this with his toys already)
 

He still loves fleece or any fuzzy textured blankets. Whenever he is tired or waking up he just sits and rubs the blanket on his face. 

 
 He grabs anything in sight now and it goes directly in his mouth. One day he kept grabbing at my cup so I gave him some water from it - he was in heaven. I think he the cold feeling in his mouth.  He loves water now and just wants to drink from my water bottle or cup whenever he sees it. Solids are next - I want to wait as close to 6 months as possible but it may be sooner as this child just wants our food now.
He is still a learning.....
One afternoon this child was hoppin mad - he wouldn't eat, he wouldn't sleep, to no avail I could not make him happy -  I am thinking it was his mouth  because I gave him a cold piece of celery to suck on and that did the trick. Happy as can be with his celery toy. Natures teething toy...


 He is getting so good at using his hands to play with his toys - his new found love is reading. After about one page though it usually ends up in his mouth....

 Emerson is a great baby - whenever we are out with him or on a airplane with him everyone tells how good of a baby he is. Which is nice because we think he is a little loud and crazy now :) He has found his voice and it has one volume, loud loud loud. He talks away and screeches all day.
We love our little man and can't believe how big he already is from last month 

 

1 comment:

  1. Nat-- I totally pick up things with my toes also. Emerson, I love you and can't believe we haven't met yet. He is seriously THE CUTEST. He's gonna be poppin' those teeth out so soon I bet. I love the cold celery idea, brilliant. I just had Caleb's two week appointment and he's up in the brackets for weight and height... I'm loving the big baby boys, they'll be great football players, haha. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete