So we started Emerson on solids. He was grabbing at our food like crazy
- acting hungry more often, etc. Pediatrician said go for it. I loving
ground up some organic brown rice in our trusty blendtec - and made a
homemade brown rice cereal, it only takes 5 mins to make.
(have
you ever looked at the ingredients in "baby food" - there is added soy,
sodium, nitrates, preservatives - not really the 'first food' I wanted
the little man to eat. I was already having doubts about 'baby' food
when our pediatrician brought it up and said make sure you are ever so
careful and read ingredients! He said never buy anything with added soy
or ingredients that is not what you want, i.e. rice cereal should just
be rice. So nice to have your doubts be validated. ) Emerson took
his first bite, then 2nd, then a 3rd - sweet this food thing is easy
peesy - then he got a look of disgust and spit it all out. Hmmm not a
fan? I mixed in a little more of his milk , tried again. Nope. Not a
fan. Would not take another bite. That's fine - we tried again the next
day and it ended in tears and no bites. We took a little break and
introduced avocado.... no thanks.
We decided at the point to go a different route - he wanted food, but
not anything mushed, pureed, or on a spoon and I wanted food to be
enjoyable for him. We are going a little more
baby led solids
route for a little. So at meal time we just offer some of the food we
are eating. He loooves it. He doesn't really "eat" but he is just
exploring textures and tastes with us.
Happy as can be - and it makes meals times soo easy
He loves asparagus, apples, pineapple, banana, carrots, broccoli, mango, and cucumber is his absolute favorite. Butternut squash he wasn't a huge fan of or tomato and I have tried avocado again on several occasion but it always ends in a bad face and Emerson whining. We haven't given up on avocado yet though. Soo puree we are saying adios for awhile, perhaps we will try again later.
No comments:
Post a Comment