We had to take a red eye out, which usually is nice because it forces a time change and we all just sleep, but this flight ended up being fuller then anticipated and they wouldn't let us bring the car seat on. (really Spirit just kind of stinks, there were totally empty seats by us) Lame. So Mark and I got zero sleep and just had to take turns holding Emerson. When we landed Mark had to go visit a few engine shops and had a few meetings scheduled before the conference began that afternoon, so he had to leave straight from the airport. That left the sleep-deprived me by myself with the rental car, with an hour to the hotel, with an exhausted starving baby, in the pouring rain, during rush hour in Miami- I was really really questioning my sanity in deciding to come. But then I pulled up to the Biltmore... and it all became worth it :)
It is this amazing resort that was built in 1926 ( historical and fancy - my kind of place) They were incredible nice and let me check even though it was only 8:30 am and the room was booked under Mark's name and his company. I didn't really know what to do and probably looked like an idiot as they were taking our bags to our room, unloading the car, setting the correct temperature in our room, offering me Mango juice. We got upstairs and Emerson and I both crashed on the comfy king size bed for 2.5 hours.
Once we woke up we were famished so we ventured out and found a Panera close by at the famous Miracle Mile shops. Perfect - Emerson became a fan of tomato basil bread, Gouda cheese, and carrots from my soup.
We got to meet up with Mark and we went and explored. The Lobby was incredible, my favorite thing to do was just walk around and explore the hotel and grounds.
There was an amazing bird cage in the center with these beautiful bright birds. Emerson liked looking at them.
They had old pictures everywhere and little historical facts posted - loved it.
They even brought up this awesome little crib for Emerson
The next morning Emerson woke up around 7am, his normal time frame. I pulled him bed with me for some morning books and playtime and he totally crashed again and slept until 10 am! Poor jet lagged baby.
Our time in Florida was spent hanging out in the room, swimming in the pool, driving to the local fruit stands.
The coolest fruit stand!
Emerson became a big fan on fresh Florida Mangos - he was a giant mango mess
He liked licking his lips for a little mango treat for later
And I became a fan of their strawberry key lime shakes - oh my yum.
We went swimming every day in the amazing pool. Emerson loved it! He would sit and splash and splash.
I'm glad the babe enjoyed some pool side time as much as I did.
It was so green and gorgeous.
My favorite were these trees that grew over the highway - they just cut through them so the cars could fit
The first night was a little hard for the babe with the time change. After trying for an hour to get him to bed unsuccessfully I finally just went and explored the gorgeous gardens. We joined the couples that were out on romantic strolls.
Mark was gone from 7:30am-5pm and then had dinners at night so Emerson and I enjoyed pizza in the room and some "Daniel Tiger" episodes. We really had a blast just relaxing and enjoying the amazing hotel.
Emerson decided he could defiantly do the resort life again.
Mark finished Friday afternoon and we had the choice of the beach or Everglades National Park before we needed to leave. We decided on the Everglades. It was amazing. We stopped at a few stops that had boardwalks through the water
There were soo many cool birds, turtles, fish, lizards, and tons of Crocodiles.
We probally saw over a dozen just on the side of the trail and they were some big ones -crazy.
We saw a few nest with croc eggs and little baby crocodiles.
We used Emerson toes as gator bait to get a closer look.
No comments:
Post a Comment