March was full of spring fever, fun activities, watching the babe grow, gymnastics, and preschool
We got to vote
Emerson helped distract and play with Eliza - I documented this because this was the first time I was able to get ready without one or both of them in my room. Thank you EmersonWe built lots of forts, a favorite past time recently. Emerson likes to read in them
The leprechauns came. On St. Patricks day the leprechauns come and fill your shoes full of treats. This was one of my favorite traditions growing up and I love doing this with my kids. We usually try to do non-candy items since there are so many holidays with candy! But I couldn't find anything green! Next time I should not wait until the day before when you leave in a small town with one store. All of the green bubbles were gone, coloring books, etc. It was crazy. I found a little baby can of sprite and knew Emerson would flip if the leprechauns left him that, he tried sprite for the first time when a friend gave him one with a Christmas gift. So we settled on a pretty unhealthy leprechaun shoe with his sprite, leprechaun gold, and annies fruit snacks - but one pretty ecstatic boy. Hey, at least we had green smoothies for breakfast.
The sun came out and we went exploring at the nature park. "Mom take a picture of me doing tricks"
One Saturday Emerson and I went on a mom date. When we got back we found Eliza and Mark on a walk. Mark couldn't find Eliza's beanie so he used Emersons on her :) I loved seeing this smiley girl in her brothers oversized hat
Happy Spring! The first day of spring!
Emerson did the article of faith in Primary. He practiced all week and I was so proud of him! He did so great and even remembered a lot of it himself once he was in front of everybody. It is so crazy watching this kid grow up. We love this smartie pants.
Dinosaur Museum with Collette and Darwin
Digging for bones
Protecting their egg nest
Darwin roaring at the kids - he is real theatrical
Our favorite part of the museum of Idaho is the Childrens discovery room. They have an adorable little log cabin and a tepee. Plus a eagles nest and a beaver den to play in
Darwin and Emerson gave me a puppet show while I nursed Eliza in the tepee
After a full day at the museum, I braved up and did my first winco trip with both kids alone. A big task since you have to bag your own groceries and its usually just pure chaos with kids when your alone. They were so great and it had been just a fantastic day all around. And then I got home and dropped a gallon of milk all over my floor.... somedays are just too good to be true
Darwin came over and had a sleepover so Collette could make it to a meeting. I was pretty proud of myself because I had all the kids and myself fed and dressed by 8 to get Emerson to school. Boom, the small victories.
Emerson had a field trip that day that I needed to help with. Layne was a darling and took Darwin for 30 minutes so I could help with the little field trip down to the track. Afterwards we found them at the doughnut shop with doughnuts for everyone.
Our little theatrical Darwin put on a show for the whole bakery and walked around to all the customers like this... This kid cracks me up

No comments:
Post a Comment