I caught Emerson trying to pack all these toys in his backpack
Nursing stop for the babe
Eliza did alright, better then some car trips. Luckily her brother shared a few toys with her
Desert paradise. We made it in to Las Vegas in the early afternoon before everyone else and the weather was fabulous. We spent the whole afternoon outside
It even lightly rained and smelt magical. I love desert rain
That night we had a "surprise party for him" not the real surprise party but one to get him off the path of thinking that we had another party planned for him. All my sisters came in, my grandma, my dads cousin Kay, and my Aunt Julie with all her kids and grandkids. We had a pool party, watched a slid show, ate delicious food. It was great.
And we really tricked him into thinking that this was his party.
The day of his real birthday we all met to go to Calebs lacrosse game. Its a little tough to keep all the kiddos entertained but we did a few races around the track
They had a blast
It was raining all afternoon and all our plans kind of went out the window. We sent all the boys and grandkids to a movie to free up the girls to set up and as a diversion for my dad. We had to quickly change our outdoor garden party into an indoor party. We moved furniture, quickly cleaned, rearranged ideas and decorations. I wish I had all the pictures but we made it and it looked great.
Eliza loving some time with Auntie Claire
Cousins are the best. Caleb is such a good cousin to his brood of younger cousins. There is an 8 year ago between Caleb and all the other cousins
I was so glad I was able to see Brittany! She was one of my roommates in college and one of my favorite people. Her husband, Andrew, works at my dads law firm so our lives get to be connected again.
Brittany and Andrew+ baby boy bump. We love these guys
Sisters minus Layne and Claire
Ernie dancing with Ms. Eliza before she is off to bed
Mark left early the next day back to Idaho. I stayed on to spend a week with my family in warm weather. We were all pretty pooped from the late night partying before. Caleb fell asleep at church and Eliza kept grabbing his hair
Eliza screamed screamed until I took her to the mothers lounge for a quiet place to see if she would nap and then she was all smiles.
I'm so grateful for Ernie and Caleb. They are seriously the sweetest with their young cousins. They always hold them, play with them, help out. Not many 10 and 13 year old boys are so good with kids.
Bed time stories for Emerson and Darwin with Oma
Monday we went to visit my dads office. I came in from visiting with a few people to find Emerson enjoying his time at the office
Breakfast at the Belliago with Grandma and cousin Kay before they flew back to Idaho
The food was delicious. We were all so impressed with how good it was. Emerson demolished a huge pancake by himself plus a few pieces of bacon.
Love these people
My little scientist Emerson spent his time collecting seeds and seed pods from all the spring flowering plants in my parents backyard.This girl was such a trooper and so smiley. Through all the missed naps, long car rides, and late nights she was pretty much smiling the whole time
Children discovery museum, one of our favorite stops in Las Vegas
Eliza even enjoyed the little baby area this time
Oma dates means a lot of spoiling happening. He came home with light up shark shoes
plus he got drinks at lunch
Springs preserve is also another favorite
They had there butterfly garden open and Emerson was so excited to see all of them.
One landed right in front of him and it made his day
Reading and writing lessons with Oma.
Shop until you drop. I had him sit in Elizas stroller and he passed out. I think he is a little big for the stroller now.... his feet kept dragging on the floor
Eliza ried blackberries and was a big fan
Emerson loved seeing all the political posters of my Dad. He was always watching and would yell "theres grandpa!"Then when we saw my dad he would say "I saw your face grandpa"
Selfies with Mikee\
Ernie stayed over for a late night party. We introduced him to the Office and he even let us give him a manicure. He is the coolest 13 year old around
On the long ride home. It was mostly smiles, a few tears, lots of movies, and ready to be home to Dad
We love our desert trips
No comments:
Post a Comment