Monday, May 23, 2016

April days

Emerson has discovered the wonder of the selfie.... I find a lot of these on my phone now. He also loves to "text" Mark while he is at work, i.e. send him a lot of emoji pictures. Mark and Emerson had conversations all day all in emojis.  



 Emersons last day of Preschool. He was pretty sad to see it end. He had a blast. We could always find him at the sensory table. The changed it out every class so he was so excited to see what it was every class.

 Park days are our favorite. This year he is big enough for the big swings and is learning to pump his legs. So gosh dang big already
 "Mom take a picture of me and Yosh for dad" This dog is so patient. Also I love Eliza's photobomb :)
Spring evenings on the homestead
 Fixin fence with Daddy.
 Our first official bonfire. Eliza was a fan, even though she only made it about 10 minutes before it was bed time.
Emerson was so excited to make Smores. We discovered dark chocolate is pretty much the best on smores.
On the Saturday of General Conference We drove down to Pocatello to help Collette and Justin build a chicken coop. On the way they asks us to stop off in Rigby and pick up 2 chickens they bought from a man who breeds them there. He ended up being in the boonies and it took us ages to get there. I was a bit annoyed for a moment with having a 40 minute detour on an already long drive for the kids. But it turned out to be so neat. This guy breeds chickens, turkeys, chuckers, quail, and pheasant. He had hundreds of birds and took us all around. He loved Emerson and let him feed the pheasants. He even let Emerson go choose a dozen eggs to take home of any type. So we ended up with a dozen eggs of mixed quail, pheasants, and chicken. So the long detour ended up being pretty cool.
Impromptu running through the sprinklers with cousin D
These kids are so ready for it to be summer
Warming up
Chicken coop builders.
Quail egg on the left, Pheasant egg in the middle, and chicken egg on the right
We cooked up our eggs for a breakfast feast. Our favorite egg was the pheasant egg, it was delicious.
Conference watching. Eliza perfecting her sitting up skills
And people say you can't have it all.... Love this man for the incredible husband and father he is. I was particularly touched by Elder Christoffersons talk in conference.‬ Not often enough do we teach boys and young men about fatherhood or praise fatherhood and the incredible men in our lives. We cooked up a delicious feast of ribs and dutch oven potatoes. 
Apparently I make a mean puree. I had made a banana, applesauce, spinach mixture for Eliza and I found Emerson eating the reminents. "Yum mom this applesauce is good"
 Darwin came over for a sleepover and play day when Colette and some meetings she couldn't get out of and Justin was out of town.
 ' I am Nephi and you are Laban Emerson. I am going to slay you with this sword...." Darwin is listening to his Book of Mormon stories I take it.
 Pizza Pie date with Layne and Alexis, her bff and roommate, before Alexis graduated

 Idaho sunsets are my favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment