He is crawling and fast - and is EVERYWHERE. Just a few days after he turned 9 months he just decided it was time to stop his little creepy crawling on his toes and go full throttle and he hasn't stopped since. My sister and I were sitting on the couch looking at something on my computer, Emerson was playing on the floor when all of the sudden he was standing up at the entertainment center trying to grab the TV. I was like weird usually I can see him move or hear him rolling around and scooting. So I grabbed him put him back by his toys and then watched and sure enough be just jumped right to his hands and knees and crawled across the floor straight to the TV again. Unless he is napping I literally can do nothing that requires me to look away for a second. So if you come by at 9 or 10 and wonder why I still haven't showered or am ready for the day its because its impossible until nap time :)
We are staying at Heidi & Doug's until our house closes and he just chases Yoda, their dog around the house all day. Including while I'm trying to take pictures :)
He stands up in his crib, the bumpers are now gone, and Emerson likes to avoid naps by standing and throwing everything in his crib out. He still does pretty well for naps though if I catch it at the perfect time then he goes down super easy - if its too soon he stands up and bangs his hands against walls, the siding, throws his blankets out etc. If its too late, he is just exhausted and screams hysterically 'mom mom mom mom" when I put him in his crib. But if its the perfect time we read a story, sing a song, if he needs a bottle then we have a bottle and then rolls over and goes right to bed.
| He ate half of a kids pizza at California Pizza Kitchen |
| Lasagna and green beans anyone? |
| This is what he looks like when I try to get him to hold still.... |
He got his first big bonk - a huge goose egg and bruise on his eye from a fall
He waves hi and bye. Mimics sounds, says mom and dad. Points and blows raspberrys at you when you tell him no, its awesome... not. When you ask him to say mom he smiles and says dad, yep he is an adorable little stinker. He claps when he thinks he has done something extremely intelligent or awesome - or when you say "yay Emerson". He crawls faster to his "no touchy" destinations when he sees your coming to stop him, and he usually tries to do things faster when I say no and he isn't suppose to, i.e. play with the toilet paper, or empty out the dishwasher. Italian food is always a bigger winner. Emerson has 4 teeth up top and two on the bottom, with the 2 on the bottom starting to come in. He is defiantly more little boy then baby now, exciting but sad at the same time. He is just Mr. Personality and is always trying to get us to laugh by faces or noises, whatever he can do
We love this messy little goober, even more then last month
This was hilarious to read. Emerson is the BEST. And such a boy, I feel like you have a bigger handful than I did at the time, that's for sure. Love you Purcell-ys!! I
ReplyDelete