Monday, December 8, 2014

October

We kicked off the fall season with painting pumpkins. We were going to be out of town for Halloween so we figured painted pumpkins would last longer, plus its just easier to have Emerson help with a paint brush then a knife :)
He loved it and asked to paint them all the time. Good thing we had a seemingly endless supply of pumpkins in the garden so he painted multiple pumpkins in October. 
We also went to a great little pumpkin patch and maze in Idaho Falls. Emerson loved the train ride and the little bike "buggys" we rode around in.

I think his favorite part was on the way out when we realized we were right by the zoo and you could see the camels through the back fence. 

We also hit up a great little Halloween festival in town where Emerson got to practice "trick or treating", play games, and have a grand ol' Halloween party. 

That is one cute giraffe

The rest of October was spent having a great fall and enjoying the last of the outdoors

Bonfires in the backyard 

Mud puddle jumping... This is what happens when I try to get the mail and let him play for a few minutes...
I had no clue how his head got wet!? Until I saw him do a somersault into it...

This kid was my bike partner all spring, summer, and fall. I need to photograph my cute back seat driver on the last bike ride of the year.  He was a real trooper and loved riding to the river with me or we would ride to the elementary school nearby so he could play.


We loved visiting the grandma great. Emerson loves grandma great. She always plays for hours with him
We helped grandma do a little yard clean up
Raking leaves with cousin Maggie ( my cousins daughter)
A perfect fall day at grandma greats

We had a beautiful fall and spent some great evenings on walks or fishing. Emerson loved it
Fall signals harvesting our garden and..... Meat season
We  fed this pig loads of garden goodies, nice leftovers, grain, and lots of other good things and a few months later this...


Went to this.... A trunk full of honest to good family raised organic well treated meat
We have a freezer completely full of homegrown veggies, fruit, and pork
Fall leaves fun with cousin Darwin
That face.... I love it D
Emerson loves the chickens and goes and pets them and picks them up all the time. Just checking on the girls
Two boys working hard



1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you raised a pig too! That is awesome! I seriously wish we had the yard you have so we could have a beautiful garden and animals.

    ReplyDelete