Saturday, February 28, 2015

Las Vegas

Looking super classy after our side of the road clean up
Emerson and I took a road trip down to sunny Las Vegas this January to spend a week. We had all been sick with the flu before we went so we postponed the trip by a few days. We all seemed to be feeling better, fever free, no throwing up, etc. We packed up and hit the road. Emerson and I were doing great on our solo road trip until an incident with a gummy worm..... I let Emerson pick out a treat at the gas station, he picked gummy worms. He was happily eating away when I said only one more and confiscated the bag. The next thing I heard was crying and gagging. I quickly pulled over to the side of the highway, and he had gagged himself with a gummy worm and threw up all over himself.... Hazard lights on the side of the road, 1000 wet wipes for clean up, using all the water in the car, grabbing the first clothes I could find in the back, and a trunk full of stinky clothes = an adventure I could of lived without. But we survived and made it to Vegas.



They love going on walkes with Oma

Walking to Church

 He loved being able to walk to church


A trip to the Bellagio

He kept pointing to the chocolate fountain and saying "That looks Yummy mama
Water show was a hit


Emerson loved the gardens and the live musicians

 We were so glad that Claire and baby Calvin came down from Reno to join in the fun

After our 2nd day Emerson  either had a relapse of the flu or picked something new up but the fever and the puking arrived and we spent 2 days cooped up recovering. I felt really bad for him, its terrible being sick but especially not at home. He kept asking for Mark or for his "house". But we made it! And he felt well enough to make it to "Dinosaur Train Live"


A month before my mom called and said if we would come down she would treat Darwin and Emerson to the touring theater of "Dinosaur Train Live". The boys loved it. Emerson was enthralled by the concert hall and loved all the lights and glitz.
The boys loved it, they sang and danced along and just had a marvelous time. I knew he would like it but I really was so surprised how much they did! 10 points for their first "show".



Children's Museum. We love the Vegas Children's Museum
seeing Calvin their reminded me of when we took Emerson for his first time at the same age. He was obsessed with water world just like Calvin

My mom grows a great winter garden and Emerson loved going and snacking on the garden treats
Being outside and the sun felt so good
They were pretty fascinated by a rollie pollie
Emerson loves "his" room at my parents. They have an adorable room with boat beds and Emerson is obsessed with his boat bed at Oma's. It makes it so easy being out of town that he loves staying there so much. I think he likes the bedtime routine with Grandpa way more then the room though
We loved stopping by the office and seeing Grandpa & Melissa. Grandpa is a great sport about letting 2 two years olds play in his office. 

Collette had a job interview at ISU the next week so Darwin, Collette, &  Justin drove back up to Idaho with us. Oma & Grandpa gave Emerson & Darwn money for an Ice Cream stop at our family favorite stop, "The Red Barn". Emerson asked nonstop on the way up when he could go buy his treat at the Red Barn



We had a great time and loved being able to go down, even if it had a few bumps in it

No comments:

Post a Comment