Monday, February 1, 2016

January on the homestead

Januarys in Idaho are really cold, this particular morning it was -14. There is nothing like frigid mornings feeding the cows 

 I was organizing and putting away clothes that the kids had grown out of and found emerson in the tubberware - apparently he is not clostrophobic
 We got a new couch and Emerson had to test it out for us
 I found this in the mudroom, I had asked Emerson to go put his shoes up and hang up his jacket
 I have to find activites to keep this boy occupied with I nurse Eliza. Today it was using a turkey baster to move water from one cup to another. He did this for almost 30 minutes
 Until he walked in and said "hey mom look its my big boy Nose Frieda" - I was laughing so hard . a nose frieda is a tube you use to suck out baby boogers. They are amazing and every mom should have one, they clear up a stuffy nose so fast
 Emerson started gymnastics once a week and he loves it! We have done open gym for the last year but decided to have him start a class and work with a couch. It has been so good for him and it is one of his favorite days of the week. He is a pretty cautious kid when it comes to jumping off things, heights, rough a tumble play, that sort of thing so it has really helped him get more confident with his own ability.


Eliza and I love watching him from the lobby. Also the Solly Baby wrap saves us. It lets us run errands, go to gymnastics, preschool, any time we are out and about and Eliza is fussy or tired we can put her in that. Bonus its not a huge bulky carrier I lug around, it folds into a tiny pocket I can put in my diaper bag. 

One morning I heard Emerson call for me. I walked into his room and he told me that buzz put him on the dresser and he needed help. He has a great imagination and 2 imaginary friends "Ducky and Spike" that join in a lot of adventure. 
 He buried himself in the snowbank
Emerson started primary and I can't even believe he is old enough to go. He is also deathly afraid of hair cuts right now - so he had really long hair for awhile 
 
We were finally able to bribe him with a movie date. We told him if he let dad cut his hair then mom would take him to see the good dinosaur. That worked like a charm. We had a blast going to the movies together. 

 A little Cafe Rio lunch date with mom and Eliza's first time in a high chair - we had to use some blankets for reinforcement.

 Some more sensory distracting play while I feed Eliza. This one is super messy but luckily he loves to Vacuum so I make him vacuum all the rice up.
 Emerson started "Pre-School" this January. It is a little preschool lab in the Education Department at BYU-Idaho. It is taught by student teachers and its adorable.  He wasn't really into holding still for a picture.
 They have an observation room where parents can watch through a one way mirror. I'm the creepier mom that goes and watches for as long as Eliza will let me before she gets to noisy and the preschoolers starting wondering where the phantom baby is.
It is weird not having our third amigo for two hours in the morning but I will say having one child to run errands is simply dreamy. 
 Sunday exploring with Dad

 Wagon rides on an unusually warm day

Liza started rolling. I was cooking breakfast and she was like this

 and then here

 and then here
Ms. Eliza was initiated into homesteading and helped feed the cows and collect the eggs


 I caught Emerson taking a rest on the hay bales


 Ice Cave builders. Emerson calls it his "man cave"




No comments:

Post a Comment