Emerson and I flew to Salt Lake City for a week in February to babysit my cousins two kids while they went to New York City together. We were planning on taking an afternoon flight Sunday but the flight ended up being full when we checked Saturday so I had to go on the early early morning flight to make sure I got there. We had to wake Emerson up at 5 am to make it to the airport - I took him in PJ's hoping he would just fall back asleep but security and the airport were too exciting, I was a little nervous flying alone with E for the first time but luckily Mark has a "crew" badge now and was able to help me through security and walk me to the gate.
"Really? Your going to wake me up at 5 am and then take pictures"
He did great through everything and then fell right to sleep as we took off in Las Vegas and woke up as we descended into Salt Lake. He is an amazing flyer.
Everyone is so nice to you when are traveling with a baby, so it makes
it a little less stressful. On the way back all the flights were full
but the people were so nice and helped look up flights for me with room. I ended up flying to
Phoenix and then to Vegas. Which two flights made me nervous but Mr.
Emerson did amazing and was great on the flights again.
*tip for flying with an infant - you don't have to take the baby out of your carrier, you can keep him in your Bjorn and walk through. Soo much easier! A nice TSA officer in SLC told me that, no one every had told me that any other time we had flown with him and it made it so less stressful trying to hold the baby, take the carrier off, then get the carrier back on and baby back in all by yourself.
*tip for flying with an infant - you don't have to take the baby out of your carrier, you can keep him in your Bjorn and walk through. Soo much easier! A nice TSA officer in SLC told me that, no one every had told me that any other time we had flown with him and it made it so less stressful trying to hold the baby, take the carrier off, then get the carrier back on and baby back in all by yourself.
Jana and Mike drove up from Provo to see us once we got into Utah.
Emerson loved his week with two older kids to entertain them. Kade loved playing with Emerson in the morning before he left for school.
Happy boy on a snowy morning
And liked helping Emerson with his Tummy time while we watched a movie
On one of the afternoons Skye, Emerson, and I went down to City Creek to meet my Aunt Julie for lunch. Her office is down there and they have a cute little play area that Skye likes to play in. Two kids takes a lot more work when your out.... But they were both great
Emerson and Skye checking out the trout in the creek. I forgot how cool City Creek is - that place is awesome.
He started this new thing where when I propped him up he would hold his head up and and legs straight out and up - goofy kid.
Skye and Emerson entertaining one another.
Their favorite thing was watching Curious George together while I got ready - I haven't really every let Emerson watch T.V. besides a baby Einstein once in awhile if I got really desperate while making dinner. But he loved Curious George when I turned it on for Skye, he would watch almost the whole episode with her
They were all so good, but I think I will stick with the one kid for awhile instead of jumping to three anytime soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment