He is just the happiest little man and has the best laugh and giggle.- we love our happy chatty boy. But he can also throw a fit and pout, not very often - but he can work that lower lip. He also began stomping his foot when he is mad - yeah at 4 months old that has began. Mark had to wake him up a little early from his nap to get him ready for church and he laid on the changing table pouting and stomping his right foot. He rolls from tummy to back and back to tummy. He loves loves his Jumperoo toy, Sophie the giraffe, all stuffed animals, and the "Skwish" toy. He loves being sung too and sitting in the bumboo in front of the mirror while I get ready. He sleeps like a champ at night - 8pm-5:30 or 6 am - then back down to about 7am. But only if he is swaddled - we have to double swaddle him now (thanks for the teaching me Katie!) For bedtime, after he is feed,we just swaddle him up and put him down and he goes to sleep on his own. He naps 3 times a day but we have to rock him to sleep for naps, he won't go down on his own for those. He isn't really fan of a pacifier - he only takes it when he super duper sleepy- but he does think its a fun toy to chew on sometimes.
He has traveled to 5 states in his short 4 months of life and is a great little traveler. He is a complete drool fest and chews his fingers and hands like crazy. (Even when he is sleeping) I think the teeth will come before we know it.
He licks any fabric that comes near his mouth, he just loves licking things with texture. He also started spitting.... he blows spit bubbles but just a few days ago he started spitting. Not my favorite skill... as the nurse tried to give him a vaccine orally he spit it all out at her :) And then to help with any pain or discomfort I tried to give him Tylenol after his shots.... yeah spit it all out.
This is after clean up... He had it all down his chin and all over his lips - he even got some on his forehead. Impressive spitting kiddo.
He has extremely sensitive skin we found and got a little eczema on the side of his face that we finally got it under control with coconut oil, chamomile, and loads of lotion. We can't use anything on him with perfume, dyes, etc. Or Lavender he does not react well with Lavender. He had a really bad reaction and had crazy hives, tons of mucus and a hard time breathing a few weeks ago. Scary. Still not sure what it was, I thought it was something I had eaten - but the doctor thinks it was an external element. We just have to have Benadryl on hand they said in case it happens again. We also took him to a pediatric cardiologist - as a safety precautions with Mark's history - they did an ultrasound of his heart and an EKG. Everything looks fine and Emerson was soo good. He didn't even move at all or make a peep while they did everything, the doctor said " I see kids all day and he is one of the best ones I have seen and he is 4 months old!" Nice work Emerson.

I've been missing out on your blog posts and realized yesterday that you'd been updating. I decided not to comment on every single one (because you know I would), but I never pass up an Emerson post. He is just the absolute cutest. I think it's hilarious that you have to double swaddle him... I might need that tip when our little guy comes. We swaddled Ellie until she was 6 months old! We only stopped because she was moving around like a crazy person and it was becoming pointless haha. I'm so glad he's such a good little guy for you--but it helps when you're such good parents. Love you guys and miss you little family!!
ReplyDelete