Life with two has defiantly been an adjustment. Having them three years apart is great because Emerson is potty trained, independent, plays for long periods by himself, can entertain himself, talks and can tell me what he needs, how he feels, when he needs attention, etc. For the last two years we have been out of baby mode. We slept at night, Emerson eats normal food, we could pretty much go and do what we wanted with our buddy sidekick Emerson. Plus Emerson is an easy going well behaved kid. I felt like a normal human being - I worked out, showered, cooked meals, my house was cleaned and organized. We went to gymnastics, the zoo, had lunch and play dates, story time, and usually went on an adventure or two a day. We are movers and shakers
Then throw a newborn in the mix and our "normal" does not work anymore. We are much more "home bound", showers don't happen during the day, on more then one occasion we have all been in pajamas until 4, and cleaning.... yeah my house isn't clean anymore. Once I get Eliza fed and content my attention is now on Emerson. Once I get him going on a project or activity then Eliza needs me again. And so goes on the cycle all day. Then Emerson goes down for his nap and I usually just stare at this cute girl for awhile because I'm too tired to do laundry anyways. Regardless of our lives changing a bit we have loved it and are adjusting well. Emerson has taken it incredible well
He always wants to be right next to her and plays around her
He loves army guys right now and left her in charge of one of the "bases"
Enjoying the beautiful fall evening. This was our last friday alone with Mark at class. He finished his MBA! We are so proud of him and it was such great timing to be done
Shrimpy legsMorning snuggles
Our pediatrician is genius and has books and toys in the room. Soooo nice when you have a toddler along with you during baby check ups
Where's Waldo?
Working on her stare down....
He really does drag his toys around the house and plops himself right by her. Also frequently I get one kid dressed and ready and then at noon I realize the other kid is still in their pajamas....
My super duper helper as always
Sleep mask or bow?
Then sometimes when Eliza is sleeping we still sneak out and do fun things together
Like playing golf together on a gorgeous afternoon
Picnic in the park with my two kiddos
Love this kid
He was pretty happy when we got away for an afternoon in the park
Little Miss doing a few outdoor chores with me. Luckily marks jacket zips over both of us
I have yet to catch a good smile from her - but she has been smiling since week 2
"Mom can I hold her?" - love watching him be a big brother. He did try to pick her up by himself once and we had a long conversation about how fragile she is. Now when anyone comes over or wants to hold her they get a lecture from Emerson on how "hers fragile"
She may hate tummy time but at least she has a buddy for moral support
"Mom lets take a silly picture for dad"
No comments:
Post a Comment